A patent for a Sigma 24-105mm f/2.8-4 DG OS HSM has come to light.
- Publication date: 2015.3.23
- Filing date: 2013.9.13
- Focal length: 24.85mm-101.49mm
- Angle of view: 83.87°-23.38°
- F-number: 2.83-4.13
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 13 groups
- Special glass: 1 FLD, 4 ELD
- Features: Optical Stabilization, internal focus
A 24-120mm f/4 and the current 24-105mm f/4 also appear in the list of possible options.
A 24-105mm f/2.8-4 DG lens would make sense as a full-frame “equivalent” to the 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC, but since Sigma has chosen the fixed f/4 route for their slow standard FF zoom (and with a new 24-70mm f/2.8 DG on the way), I don’t think there’s room for such a lens. It’s interesting to see what Sigma considered in this segment though.